Senior Mainframe Architect
The Mainframe Architect/SME will be part of the Platform support under Information Services (IS) and responsible for helping achieve the strategy around availability of our Mainframe environment through improved manageability and reliability of infrastructure solutions and embedding modernization.
Indicative years of total experience:
14 to 20 years.
- Understand business need, analyze the problem statement, conduct market research and recommend business units on mainframe infrastructure, transition plan, OEM engagements, contract terms and conditions, budgeting and associated security controls/risks.
- Advise on consolidation, migration and refresh to new hardware, capacity planning and hardware sizing, product positioning, software licensing, virtualization and Capacity on Demand, producing configurations with estimated quotes that meet business requirements.
- Performance and cost optimization using reference architectures, assets and architectural design best practices to develop conceptual and detailed Hardware designs.
- Build relationships with business and participate in business mainframe strategy/plans and drive/assist solutioning – IRT transition/organic expansion.
- Nurture partnership with OEMs, Managed Service Providers (MSPs) in identifying ways to collaborate effectively.
- Strong understanding of Security controls, tools, and standards.
- Synergies and Integration with ISR, statutory compliances.
- IBM Certified Technical Specialist/Solution Architect.
- TOGAF Certification.
- Cloud Certification.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Enterprise Mainframe Capacity Planning.
- Expert knowledge of z/OS, z/VM/Linux and z/VSE operating environments on Mainframe IBM Z.
- Experience in performance management – implementation and management for a mission critical large systems mainframe environment using the IBM z/OS – including z/OS, SYSVIEW, WLM (Workload Manager), RMF III, RMF Reporter, SMF Processing, z/OS Performance Tuning and Capacity Planning.
- Proven experience in Mainframe modernization techniques i.e. Rehosting, Reengineering, Refactoring, APIfication, Database Migration.
- Consulting experience with Modernization, towards recommending right modernization strategy to customer and build associated modernization roadmap.
- Extensive z/OS System Security knowledge (i.e. RACF, Global Security Settings, SSL and Digital Certificate, risk assessment, business continuity/DR, etc.
This role will report to IS Program Manager/Group Program Manager.